(First a note: please excuse the stash flashing of late, attribute it to the glut of papers I am currently engaged in writing and grading. Not the same set of papers, unfortunately. Fear not: I do have a new project or two to derail actual progress on the several others already underway!)
We now resume our regularly scheduled knitting content. This post has actually been sitting for about a week, and the sweater for almost three.
Obviously I’m not too excited about it, but I am a little excited about it. My Forecast just set the bar too high ETA: Well, gosh! Maybe I need to get over myself a bit. Thanks, guys!
By now Stephanie Japel’s “Textured tunic with side buttons” is probably a familiar sight. I’ve seen a few gorgeous ones myself. But somehow, it didn’t work for me. I’ve decided that, contrary to current fashion (hmm, not the first time I’ve said that), I’m just not tunic shaped. Or, well, you know what I mean.
I actually suspected that going into this project–I’m not sure if that makes it better or worse–and that’s one reason I used rather inexpensive yarn (Patons Shetland Chunky, if you were interested. $16, total. It is an ok acrylic, but I don’t think I’ll be purchasing it again). I also knit the bottom with just vents the first time. Then I saw the aforementioned good lookin’ tunics and thought I’d give it a go too. Just to let you know the extent to which it did not “go,” I ripped before I even took a picture. The final version involved increases as per the pattern instructions for the back on both front and back, and then I sewed the resulting tabs shut and added the buttons. Sneaky, I know.
You may also notice that I don’t have the cool open-shoulder thing going either. I figure, I’ll have enough strap issues with the boatneck. I told DH that with the holes at the hips, I didn’t want to go overboard on the s*x appeal. :p Riiiiight.
You get these pictures because I was talking the entire time DH was shooting…