Two sweets and two scaries
I’m not going to lie, one of the reasons I love this whole blogging thing is that I can be nice, all the time, if I want to. I’m sure many of you are also in work/school/life situations where, due to a tremendous amount of pressure to take yourself and everyone else seriously, there isn’t a lot of kindness floating around. I really appreciate this opportunity to *not* be taken seriously, but even moreso to be first and foremost kind (or as I just mistyped, knid.)! Thanks to all of you!
Sweet #1: Thanks s’much to More than One Way for always Making my Day, and for even considering that I might make hers! It’s probably against the rules to re-gift the nomination back to her, but man does she ever deserve it.
The rules : “Give the award to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about blogland. Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so they can pass it on. Beware you may get the award several times.”
And even though I just did a link fest, I think I’ll take the excuse to do it again. Please pardon the repeats, but I have to say that you all really do make my day in no small manner (in no particular order, of course).
- West Coast Creative- stunning, stunning pictures!
- Between Stupid & Clever – of course muuuuuch more on the clever side, and fun music too
- Girl Who Knits – make sure to check out the Oreo bon bon recipe
- Knitting Lemonade- ooo, you must go see her today. SO funny!
- Knitspot – Inspiration, thy name is Ann. And she’s from Canton, near where I grew up.
- Pepperknit- creative knits & patterns, plus she actually finished a great Shocking! skirt
- TeamKnit- have I made a “put me in, coach?” joke yet??
- Octopus Knits- check out the Tilted Duster. Best I’ve seen!
- Peacock Chic- what more can I say? She inspired me to redo my office. Again.
- Yarnzombie- currently celebrating my new favorite holiday. Or wait, I mean, the holiday I currently feel the most conflicted about on the inside
Sweet #2: A few days ago as I was walking out of a choir rehearsal an alto I’d not yet met came up to me to say, “Excuse me, but I just have to know where you shop. Your sweaters are just fantastic!” I, having worn my Hourglass, Road to Golden, and Thermal that week, was just stunned enough to squeak out something about how sorry I was that I was a knitter. Day made? Check!
Scary #1: I fell to the lure of JoAnn 40% off coupons. I am weak, and every so often I hoard coupons and stock up on some cheap yarn for really cheap. Usually I’m pretty happy with my purchases. Usually I have a very high acrylic tolerance, in fact I even like it sometimes, but this yarn compelled me go through my stash and put a bunch of old acrylic yarn into a bag for charity (but was it really charity? No, it was a totally selfish action, so I’d appreciate it if you think worse of me for it. Thanks).
So I give you the progress thus far: one skein and FOUR KNOTS down, we have the beginning of Lady Eleanor. The backstory behind this pattern in the Scarf Style book is that one could imagine one’s self wrapped in the luxurious Lady E heading across the moor for a secret tryst or something like that. If I were to apply that analogy to the current situation, I really hate to think where I, with my fifteen dollars of wormy yarn, would be headed. (Fret not: coming soon to a frequently lonely blog near you–the JoAnn coupon success story).
Scary #2: Scene- inside my head as I gather my things for school, wondering why I’m once again packing knitting even though I know I won’t have any time or place to do it. The answer (also in my head) comes easily enough to be downright frightening: I need a project because I could get a lot of knitting time in…just in case I’m ever in a hostage situation. (???!?!? Perhaps I should start a “This is your brain… This is your brain on yarn!” campaign!)